Well we had a wonderful time away with family. I’ll share about it in another post. But coming home was a whole new experience. Basically it ended with us home with colds - all 4 of us and just as things were on the up, we were hit with the big C. My husband first, then the boys, Mal and then Jude. I’m just grateful they were all on the up before I got it. Any who it was rough for the boys, luckily again, I didn’t have it too bad. I’ll share our symptoms and the big C-vid remedies: what we did to get healthy again.
Some might think it’s oversharing and some like to keep it private and that is ok. I won’t share specific details about the boys just for their privacy but sharing our remedies is how i hope to help other mamas going through it. It’s tough seeing our babes sick and feel so helpless.
So we had colds before. The typical, runny nose, sore throat and coughs. All 4 of us. The boys got over it quickly. You can check out my cold remedy's video HERE. Or read my blog post about our cold remedies HERE. The boys started to feel warm one evening and Jesse tested positive.
Common Symptoms between the 4 of us: *we didn’t all get each one
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Loss sense of smell and taste
It was pretty similar to our cold remedies that we use.
- our go to tea (garlic, lemon, honey and ginger). I have a video on that too HERE. (watch through my highlights).
- gentle baby in the diffusers to help everyone feel calm
- refresh on Mal’s chest to help with the runny nose, I diluted some and put it on Judah one night too
- thieves in all the diffusers when gentle baby wasn’t in there and the same with purification
- eucalyptus and raven in the shower for Jesse and I
- Rollers - Immune roller, we all have our own. That recipe is HERE.
- tons of water, smoothies with fruits and veggies high in zinc. We also ate a lot of these Veggies and fruits for snacks and dinner.
- Blueberries Raspberries
- Green Peas
- vitamin D drops, chewables (for adults), C and Zinc, and a multivitamin
- on top of food source vitamins we took some supplements too
- vitamin D drops for the boys and then regular for us
- Thieves chest rub for Jesse and I too
- humidifier was going all day everyday and all night
- sleep; so much sleep
- tons of cuddles
- nursing (even adding some breast milk in smoothies for my oldest)
Everything combined worked like a charm. We all had residual symptoms but only 1-2 days were hard.
It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I was so upset at first that we got it. 2+ years of avoiding it. But we were bound to get it eventually and I am just glad I had all these tools in my Dr.mom kit to help us get through it. Fueled by whole foods was the biggest part. As I am learning slowly.